Systems Engineering, Modeling and Simulation
Prof. Akhmad Hidayatno
Prof. Akhmad obtained his undergraduate degree from Industrial Engineering Major, Mechanical Engineering Department, Universitas Indonesia. He obtains his master degree in business and technology in University of New South Wales (UNSW) Sydney – Australia, which in his views have given him a unique balanced perspective between the engineering world and the business world.
His Doctor thesis is about evaluating national biodiesel policy in Indonesia using System Dynamics. Currently he is the head of SEMS Lab. His current research interest is sustainable systems engineering, a new and exciting field which involves designing and managing complex systems in a sustainable way concurrently from the economy, environment and social perspectives. He is currently member of Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE), System Dynamic Society (SDS) and International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE).
Selected Papers and Publications
- A Hidayatno, I Rahman, R Muliadi. Understanding Dynamics of Green House Gases Impacts on Jakarta’s Urban Development Using Model-Based Policy Simulator to Support Policy Making. International Conference in Industrial Engineering and Operations Management. 2014
- A Hidayatno, AO Moeis, R Raditya. Development of Simulation Game for Teaching Strategic and Operational Aspect of Production System. International Conference in Industrial Engineering and Operations Management. 2014
- A Hidayatno, T Cahayadi, I Rahman. Conceptual Model for Evaluation the Impact of Transit-Oriented Development Initiatives to the Income Growth of MRT Operating Company. Proceeding of the 13th International Conference on QIR (Quality in Research). 2013
- A Hidayatno, I Rahman, R Muliadi. A System Dynamics Sustainability Model to Visualize the Interaction between Economic, Social, and Environment Aspects of Jakarta’s Urban Development. International Seminar on Science and Technology Innovations. 2012
- R Ardi, A Hidayatno, T Yuri M. Zagloel, “Investigating relationships among quality dimensions in higher education”, Quality Assurance in Education 20 (4), 2012, pp. 408-428
- A Hidayatno, AO Moeis, N Achjar, A Sutrisno. Communicating Complexity in Indonesia’s Electricity Economics and Market Development Using System Dynamics Based Game. The 30th International Conference of the System Dynamics Society. 2012
- A Hidayatno, YM Zagloel, W. W. Purwanto, A Sutrisno, “Financial analysis of integrated biodiesel industry in Indonesia”, International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering 12 (1), 2012, pp. 29-41
- A Hidayatno, A Sutrisno, YM Zagloel, W. W. Purwanto, “System dynamics sustainability model of palm-oil based biodiesel production chain in Indonesia”, Internation Journal of Engineering and Technology 11 (3), 2011
- Qodri Febrilian Erahman, Widodo Wahyu Purwanto, Mahmud Sudibandriyo, Akhmad Hidayatno. An assessment of Indonesia’s energy security index and comparison with seventy countries.