Director; Sustainable Energy and Policy Analysis
Prof. Widodo W. Purwanto
He is associate editor Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering Elsevier, senior member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), the former director of Center for Energy Studies Universitas Indonesia, Professor and former head of Chemical Engineering Department Universitas Indonesia. Currently, he is director of Sustainable Energy System and Policy Research Cluster Universitas Indonesia.
Sustainable energy, natural gas technology & economics, energy modeling & policy analysis are his preferred research domains. He regularly gives lectures to undergraduate as well as graduate students of Chemical Engineering Universitas Indonesia and to professionals in the energy business on certain occasions.
Selected Papers and Publications
- Praswasti PDK Wulan, Yuswan Muharam, W. W. Purwanto, “Kinetics Study on Catalytic Decomposition of Methane Using Parallel Flat Plate Structured Catalyst Reactor”, Journal of Chemical Engineering Research 2 (2), 2010, pp. 231-241
- P.D.K. Wulan, W.W. Purwanto, Y. Muharam, S. Shafa, E. Listiani , “The Effect of Reaction Time on the Quality of Hydrogen and Carbon Nanotubes Produced Through Catalytic Decomposition of Methane”, Journal of Sustainable Energy & Environment 2, 2011, pp.7-10
- A. H. Budiman, W. W. Purwanto, E. L. Dewi, R. Dalimi, and B. J. Hwang, “Understanding adsorbate-induced surface segregation in PtCo/C electrocatalyst”, Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering 7 (4), 2011, pp. 604-612
- Akhmad Hidayatno, Aziiz Sutrisno, Yuri M. Zagloel, W. W. Purwanto, “System Dynamics Sustainability Model of Palm-Oil Based Biodiesel Production Chain in Indonesia”, International Journal of Engineering & Technology 1 (3), 2011, pp. 1-6
- Akhmad Hidayatno, Yuri M. Zagloel, W. W. Purwanto, Aziiz Sutrisno, “Financial analysis of integrated biodiesel industry in Indonesia”, International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering 12 (1), 2012, pp. 29-41
- W. W. Purwanto, Slamet, Verina J. Wargadalam, Bono Pranoto, “Effects of the Addition of Flourinated Polymers and Carbon Nanotubes in Microporous Layer on The Improvement of Performance of a Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell”, International Journal of Electrochemical Science 7 (2012), pp. 525-533
- Q. Tjandranegara, W. W. Purwanto & Arsegianto (2016) Natural gas as petroleum fuels substitution: Impact on economic performance in Indonesia, Energy Sources, Part B: Economics, Planning, and Policy, 11:1, 65-72
- Suprapto Soemardan, W. W. Purwanto, Arsegianto, “Optimization of the gas production rate by marginal cost analysis: Influence of the sales gas pressure, gas price and duration of gas sales contract”, Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering 18, 2014, pp. 396-404
- W. W. Purwanto, Y. W. Pratama, Y. S. Nugroho, G. F. Hertono, D. Hartono, and T. Tezuka, “Multi-objective optimization model for sustainable Indonesian electricity system: Analysis of economic, environment, and adequacy of energy sources”, Renewable Energy 81, 2015, pp. 308–318
- Chen-Yeon Chu, Z. D. Hastuti, E. L. Dewi, W. W. Purwanto, and U. Priyanto, “Enhancing strategy on renewable hydrogen production in a continuous bioreactor with packed biofilter from sugary wastewater”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2015, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 41, Issue 7, 2016, Pages 4404-4412
- Widodo Wahyu Purwanto, Yuswan Muharam, Yoga Wienda Pratama, Djoni Hartono, Harimanto Soedirman, and Rezki Anindhito. Status and outlook of natural gas industry development in Indonesia. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, Volume 29, 2016, Pages 55-65
- Widodo Wahyu Purwanto, Nok Afifah. Assessing the impact of techno socioeconomic factors on sustainability indicators of microhydro power projects in Indonesia: A comparative study. Renewable Energy, Volume 93, 2016, pp 312-322
- Qodri Febrilian Erahman, Widodo Wahyu Purwanto, Mahmud Sudibandriyo, Akhmad Hidayatno. An assessment of Indonesia’s energy security index and comparison with seventy countries.
- Marwan Batubara, Widodo Wahyu Purwanto, Akhmad Fauzi Proposing a decision-making process for the development of sustainable oil and gas resources using the petroleum fund: A case study of the East Natuna gas field, Resources Policy 49 (2016) 372–384
- Zulaicha Dwi Hastuti, Chen-Yeon Chu, Mahyudin Abdul Rachman, Widodo Wahyu Purwanto, Eniya Listiani Dewi, Chiu-Yue Lin, Effect of concentration on biohydrogen production in a continuous stirred bioreactor using biofilm induced packed-carrier, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 41, Issue 46, 21649–21656
- Yales Vivadinar, Widodo Wahyu Purwanto and Asep Handaya Saputra, 2016, Tracing the energy footprints of Indonesian manufacturing industry, Energy Science & Engineering, Volume 4, Issue 6, 394-405